Friday, March 26, 2010

Bill Bruford - Beelzbub - LIVE with Jeff Berlin and Allan Holdsworth

Speaking of Bill Bruford, I was in Boston back in 1984, coming out of a Bill Bruford / Patrick Moraz concert at the Paradise Rock Club on Commonwealth Avenue, when a guy approached me, imploring me that I give a listen to what was playing on his headphones. I was in a good mood, so I said, "Sure", and proceeded to listed to some really amazing music. It was a live broadcast on WLIR-FM of a Bill Bruford concert from My Father's Place on Long Island. He had taped it off the radio and was selling copies of the tapes for $7.00.

I was so impressed I bought one, and proceeded to listen to it regularly for the next many years.

Long, long, after that, I saw it packaged as "The Bruford Tapes" on CD at a record store. I bought it and have listed to that album many, many times as well.

Now I have the whole thing on my iTunes.

Funny how things work out sometimes, eh?

Check out one of the songs that appeared on that release, Beelzbub. Great live version.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for this blog! and thank you for this spectacular tracks.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts. We welcome input from the Progressive Rock community and always love to get new tips and tidbits.

´